- All foreigners entering India require a valid national passport and a valid visa
- Appropriate for those who visits India for tourism or other non business related purpose
- Travelers can apply for e-visa or regular tourist visa
- e-Visa is issued electronically
- A gap of at least 2 months should be maintained between two visits to India in respect of nationals of
Afghanistan, China, Iraq, Iran,Pakistan, Sudan and Stateless persons
- Tourist Visa may be converted to 'X' (Entry) Visa , Medical Visa and Medical Attendant Visa
As per the extant instructions of the Government of India, a Tourist Visa can only be granted to a foreigner who does not have a residence or occupation in India and whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends and relatives etc. No other activity is permissible on a Tourist Visa. The Tourist Visa is non-extendable and non-convertible. Instructions were earlier issued by the Government stipulating that there should be a gap of at least 2 months between two visits to India on a Tourist Visa. This matter has been reviewed by the Government and it has been decided to lift the restriction of two-month gap on re-entry of foreign nationals coming to India except in case of nationals of Afghanistan, China, Pakistan, Iraq, Sudan, foreigners of Pakistan origin and Stateless persons.
FRO offices forward the application to the SB Hqrs. Application of extension of Visa are forwarded by SP, SB(EZ), Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati along with his recommendation and all necessary documents e.g. Passport, Visa etc to the state government. Extension may be accorded by state government as per Visa Manual and validity of the Passport.
- Appropriate for non-business related purpose
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should
have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International Travelers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend
during his/her stay in India.
- Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders or Laissez-passer travel document holders.
- Not Available to persons of Indian origin
- Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent's/Spouse's Passport i.e. each individual should have a
- Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
Guidelines for filling the form:
Instructions for filling the online form
- Applicant’s Photo
- Photo Page, Page indicating validity, Page bearing arrival Stamp of Indian Immigration, Visa with
- Form C copy from Hotel or Lodge/ Electricity bill / Landline Telephone /Municipal Bill of the landlord in
case of staying in a house of a relative or friend along with a letter and photo-id card of the landlord. In
case of rented accommodation copy of the Lease and License agreement (1st and last page & page
containing its validity)
The Foreigners must submit application for extension of residential permit/visa at least 60 days before the date of expiry of respective residential permit/visa.
How to apply:
The visitors are required to fill online Visa Application form by visiting the website boi.gov.in and visit their nearest embassy with printout of the online filled application and required travel documents.
Forms to be filled:
Online Visa Form
Whom to Contact: