- The licensing of all tour operators will be mandatory and no one can operate in Assam without grant of
license, irrespective of the size of business turnover
- The licensee shall possess and maintain fully furnished office with adequate staff to attend the need of
- The Licensee shall maintain records containing complete particulars regarding names and addresses of
the tourists and the tour details
- The minimum office space should be at least 200 sq. ft
- The Tour Operators already approved by Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India will be taken on board and will
be granted licenses by the Tourism Department, Govt. of Assam
A tour operator typically combines tour and travel components to create a package holiday. They advertise and produce brochures to promote their products, holidays and itineraries. Assam has several reputed and experienced tour operators operating across the length and breadth of the state to suit all budgets. The licensing of all tour operators will be mandatory and no one can operate in Assam without grant of license, irrespective of the size of business turnover.
- Tour Operators should have been in operation for a minimum period of one year before the date of
- The minimum office space should be at least 200 sq. ft. Besides, the office should be located in neat and
clean surroundings and equipped with telephone, fax and computer/computer reservation system etc.
- There should be sufficient space for reception and easy access to toilets.
- The applicant should have a Permanent Account No. (PAN) and should have Service Tax No.
Guidelines for filling the form:
As per the Guidelines of Assam Tourism enclosed within: Click here
A draft of Rs. 2000/- as license fee (non refundable) is required to be paid.
Permanent Account No. (PAN)
Service Tax No
Prescribed Form in Schedule I
The license shall be granted for three years and renewal thereof after every three years on the application of renewal submitted.
Tour Operators should have been in operation for a minimum period of one year before the date of application
How to apply:
Application for licensing shall be addressed to the Director of Tourism, Assam, Station Road, Panbazar, Guwahati – 781001, Assam. The application is given in Schedule I. A draft of Rs. 2000/- as license fee (non refundable) in the name of Director of Tourism, Assam, station road, Panbazar, Guwahati – 1 have to be enclosed with the application form.
Type of Service:
Forms to be filled:
Whom to Contact:
Directorate of Tourism, Govt. of Assam Station Road, Guwahati 781001
Phone: +91-361- 2547102 / 2542748