- A valid national passport and valid visa is required
- Issued to medical tourist seeking medical treatment
- The hospital/ treatment centre should be recognized /reputed.
- Two attendants who are blood relatives are allowed to accompany the applicant under separate Medical
- Attendants visa validity will be same as the Medical Visa
- Extension on medical visa will be granted on pressing medical grounds only and should be duly certified
by a Government hospital/government recognized Private Hospital.
A Medical visa is given to those who are travelling to India for a medical treatment. The visa can be single/multiple entry. Please note that relevant letters/documents explaining details of the treatment, signed and stamped by the concerned hospitals/doctors are required to validate the purpose of travel. The validity of the visa begins from the date of issue by the High Commission of India and not from the date of travel on your application form. The duration of the visa is at the sole discretion of the Issuing Authority. All visa fees once paid are non-refundable irrespective of the outcome of the visa application and duration granted. All the fields of the visa application form should be completely filled before submitting.
FRO offices forward the application to the SB Hqrs. Application of extension of Visa are forwarded by SP, SB(EZ), Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati along with his recommendation and all necessary documents e.g. Passport, Visa etc to the state government. Extension may be accorded by state government as per Visa Manual and validity of the Passport.
- The medical treatment should be at a recognized or reputed hospital, treatment centre.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should
have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend
during his/her stay in India
Guidelines for filling the form:
Instructions for filling the form
Photo Page, Page indicating validity, Page bearing arrival Stamp of Indian Immigration, Visa with endorsement Form C copy from Hotel or Lodge/ Electricity bill / Landline Telephone / Municipal Bill of the landlord in case of staying in a house of a relative or friend along with a letter and photo-id card of the landlord. In case of rented accommodation copy of the Lease and License agreement (1st and last page & page containing its validity).Letter from recognized/ reputed hospital where treatment is being taken.
The initial duration of visa is for a year or the period of treatment. The visa will be valid for a maximum of 3 entries in one year.
How to apply:
The visitors are required to fill online Visa Application form by visiting the website boi.gov.in and visit their nearest embassy with printout of the online filled application and required travel documents.
Type of Service:
Visa application could be done both online and offline.
Forms to be filled:
Online Visa Forms
Whom to Contact: