Guwahati Municipal Corporation is also responsible for ensuring cleanliness, proper sanitation and hygiene of the public and commercial establishments such as Doctor’s Clinics, Hotels, Restaurants and other related commercial establishments. In this regard, regular health inspections are carried out covering the entire 31 wards by the Concerned Health Inspectors of Health Branch, Guwahati Municipal Corporation, Fancy Bazar, Guwahati.
The Inspection is carried out based on the following Checklist:
- Availability of Running Water Provisions
- Use of Filtered Drinking Water
- Cleanliness of Hotel Rooms
- NOC from Fire Services
- Proper Drainage System
- Use of Containers for throwing daily garbage
- Use of sufficient space for Wash Basin
- Availability of sufficient space for Kitchen
- Use of Hot water
- NOC from Pollution Control Board
- Availability of Nearby Garbage disposal
- General Health Conditions of the Workers.
- Daily handover of garbage to the respective NGOs.
On the basis of the above points, inspection reports are prepared by the Health Inspectors. The Health Inspector issues notices as per norms to the defaulters those operating without trade license and on hygienic ground. The notices are of four kinds;
- 7 Days
- 3 Days
- 24 Hours
If after issuing these three notices also, the establishment is not taking up corrective measures to improve the hygienic condition, then “390 section” notices is issued by the Commissioner, GMC to seal the business establishment.
Whom to Contact:
Inspector, Health Branch
Fancy Bazar, Guwahati – 1
Phone No.: 9864321776