- A valid national passport and a valid visa is required
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India.
- The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- Issued to a foreigner who is an employee or paid intern at an Indian registered company
- Issued to a foreigner travelling for volunteering work with an NGO Title
Employment visas are issued to foreigners who are working in India, for an organization registered in India. Employment visas are usually granted for one year, or the term of the contract. It can be extended in India. Employment visa are given with the multiple entry option so person can visit as may time within the validity of the visa.
FRO offices forward the application to the SB Hqrs. Application of extension of Visa are forwarded by SP, SB(EZ), Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati along with his recommendation and all necessary documents e.g. Passport, Visa etc to the state government. Extension may be accorded by state government as per Visa Manual and validity of the Passport.
- The applicant should be a highly skilled and/or qualified professional being engaged or appointed by a company/organization/industry/undertaking in India on contract or an employment basis at a senior level, skilled position such as technical expert, senior executive, or in a managerial position etc.
- The Employment visa can’t be granted for routine, ordinary or secretarial/clerical jobs.
- The employee's salary must be in excess of U.S. $25,000 per year.
Guidelines for filling the form:
Refer to the link for instructions on filling the form https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html
Visa fees for employment visa is different for all the country's Embassy’s charge. Visa fees are based on the visa duration from 1 year to 5 years.
- Passport with 6 month validity
- Passport size photographs
- Photo copy of passport
- Copy of online filled form
- Appointment letter
- Contract letter
- Resume of applicant
- Organization registration
- Tax liability letter
- Project details
- Sponsor letter from organization in India
- Justification letter from employer
Embassy/Consulate may grant employment visa, which is valid for an year irrespective of the contract . Further extension may be obtained from MHA/FRRO in the concerned state in India. The visa duration starts from the day of issuance and not from the day of entry in India. Foreign technician may get visa for period of five years or the bilateral agreement between Indian and foreign government whichever is less with multiple entries. For highly skilled IT person visa validity is upto 3 years with multiple entries. Others can be granted visa with validity of two years with multiple entries.
How to apply:
The visitors are required to fill online Visa Application form by visiting the website boi.gov.in and visit their nearest embassy with printout of the online filled application and required travel documents.
Type of Service:
Visa application can be done both online and offline.
Forms to be filled:
Refer to the link for Visa Forms https://indianfrro.gov.in/frro/menufrrodoc.jsp?t4g=4E12FAQO
Whom to Contact: