- Duplicate Certificate is issued when a registration certificate of a vehicle is reported to be lost, mutilated,
torn or used-up.
- When it is discovered that the certificate of registration is lost or destroyed, it should be immediately
reported to the local police station.
- Application in form 26 has to be made to the Registering authority.
When a registration certificate of a vehicle is reported to be lost, mutilated, torn or used-up, duplicate registration certificate is issued to the registered owner.
- If at any time, the certificate of registration is lost or destroyed, report to the police station in the
jurisdiction of which the loss or destruction has occurred.
- Intimate that fact in writing to the registering authority by whom the certificate of registration was issued.
- Apply for duplicate certificate of registration to the last registering authority in Form 26.
- Pay appropriate fee as specified in Rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989.
For Fees, Click Here
Application in Form 26
Original copy of F.I.R. or Police report in case of loss.
Photo copy of valid insurance certificate.
Photo Copy of Pollution under control certificate
Forms to be filled:
Type of Service:
Whom to Contact:
For any queries regarding registration, you may contact:
District Transport Offices