When a registration certificate of a vehicle is reported to be lost, mutilated, torn or used-up, duplicate registration certificate is issued to the registered owner.
- If at any time, the certificate of registration is lost or destroyed, report to the police station in the jurisdiction of which the loss or destruction has occurred.
- Intimate that fact in writing to the registering authority by whom the certificate of registration was issued.
- Apply for duplicate certificate of registration to the last registering authority in Form 26.
- Pay appropriate fee as specified in Rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989.
Click here for Fees.
- Application in Form 26
- Original copy of F.I.R. or Police report in case of loss.
- Photo copy of valid insurance certificate.
- Tax clearance
- Photo Copy of Pollution under control certificate
Forms to be filled:
Type of Service:
Whom to Contact:
For any queries regarding registration, you may contact: